Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Making mouthwatering Besan Ladoos


In India cooking sweets at home is a more like a daily chore and eating is a ritual. During my childhood days and even after that eating Besan ladoos cooked by my mom was one of my fav sweets. Although been a doctor, my mom was always up and busy with her work but whenever she could take out time, it was cooking these delicious sugar recipes for me and my brother. 

After shifting from India, I tried my hand at cooking Besan Ladoos and came out very well. There are numerous videos and recipes available on internet but if anybody is looking for a 4 step recipe for making these awesome Ladoos, you have reached your destination.

The total prep time for cooking Besan Ladoos is exact 40 minutes.. So here we go.

Ingredients:
4 cups Besan(gram flour), 2 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup Desi ghee (keep same cup for exact measurements), 12-15 cashew nuts and 12-14 almonds(dry fruits).

Recipe:
11)  Grind all cashew nuts and almonds in a mixer/blender and place them aside
22)  In a non stick pan, add ghee and once it is warm (not very hot), add besan (gram flour) and cook it at medium flame for about 45 mins. This need to be exact 45 mins so that Besan is cooked uniformly. The aroma of cooked Besan will tell you that it is done.
33) Add powdered sugar and grinded dry fruits to cooked Besan
44)  Let it cool for 10 mins and not more than that cause forming Laddos will be tough once this mix is too cool. Now begin the fun game of making balls. Go nuts and make any shape.

Enjoy these Ladoos anytime of the day just like me.. I am eating one while writing this blog. Cheers!!!!


2 comments:

  1. love the picture .... i like besan laddoos,will surely try your four step recipe,looks pretty easy,thanks :)

    ReplyDelete